iTunes: Fix iPod or iPhone not detected in Windows 10
I recently upgraded to Microsoft Windows 10 and found that iTunes no longer detected my iPod Touch or iPhone. Here’s how I fixed it.
- Ensure the latest version of iTunes is installed.
- Open “Control Panel“.
- Select “Hardware and Sound“.
- Select “Devices and Printers“.
- Your iPhone or iPod should be displayed in the “Unspecified” section. Right-click it and select “Properties“.
Note: If you don’t see your device listed here, ensure you have selected to trust the PC on the device and you are using a supported cable.
- Select the “Hardware” tab, then click the “Properties” button.
- From the “General” tab, select the “Change settings” button.
- Select the “Driver” tab, then select “Update Driver“.
- Choose “Browse my computer for driver software“.
- Select “Browse…” then navigate to “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers“. If you don’t have this folder, check in “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers“.
- Click “Next” > “Close“.
Your Apple device should now be detected successfully within iTunes.